Introduction to Medical Writing - Sarah Hopwood
9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
This seminar is provided free-of-charge and is aimed at those considering a career in medical writing. It will also be interesting to those who have recently joined the profession who would like to know more.
In addition to giving a presentation covering all aspects of medical writing, the seminar leader will act as a facilitator to optimise exchange of experience between participants, as well as providing insight based on her expertise in this area.
The aim is to provide information on the following:
• Definition of medical writing and its different categories
• Role of the medical writer throughout the life-cycle of a pharmaceutical product
• Explanation of the different types of documents that we write with detailed information on some of the most common (e.g. clinical study protocols and reports, investigator brochures, CTDs, manuscripts, posters)
• Timelines and project management
• Finding a job as a medical writer (qualities and qualifications required), types of companies that employ medical writers, recruitment process, working as a freelancer
• Training and networking for medical writers